Our oak furniture is finished with pigmented hard-wax oil. This finish forms a natural protective coating that acts as a repellent against most common substances and liquids, but is not a foolproof guarantee against stains.
• Dust regularly with a a dry, non-fluffy cloth.
• Clean with a damp sponge or cloth (not too wet!) with a mild solution of water and natural soap (no detergent).
Cleaning & refreshing the surface
• When the wood starts to feel dry or in the case of stains,
Recommended Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner* (3029).
Do not use this product daily. The Liquid Wax Cleaner is no guarantee against stains.
• This does not apply to the Oak Blackstone finish.
Stubborn stains & repairs
• As time goes by, depending on the amount of wear the furniture gets, the original hard-wax coating may need to be renewed.
Make sure the surface is clean and dry. Use extra fine sand paper (minimum 320 grit) and rub in the direction of the wood grain, then apply the Osmo Hardwax Oil Natural (3041).
The protective oil is no guarantee against stains.
• For furniture with the Oak Blackstone finish, apply only the daily care treatment.