Big Chair’s manufacturer guarantees to repair or replace any part or the product with a manufacturing or structural defect for a period of twelve months from the date of purchase this is provided that the defect is not a result of normal wear and tear, or a natural characteristic of the material used. This warranty is also subject to the terms and conditions set out below:
1. The furniture must be cared for in accordance with the care instructions.
2. This warranty is in addition to the rights granted by relevant State and Federal laws and in particular the Trade Practices Act 1974 and corresponding State Fair Trading legislation. The company’s liability is limited to the goods replacement only.
3. The warranty is extended to the original purchaser at the original delivery address.
4. The warranty shall become void if the furniture is used for commercial, rental trade, institutional or other non-residential use, outdoor purpose or exposed directly to the sunlight, extreme heat (including ducted heating) or bright light such as sun lamps.
5. No claim can be made by the purchaser under this warranty if:
a. Any damage caused by accident, abuse, neglect, negligence.
b. Any damage caused by improper handling such as dragging the furniture or using corrosive solvent to clean the furniture.
c. Any damage directly or indirectly caused by unprofessional assembling, unauthorized repair, alteration, modification or act of God.
6. The Company reserves the right to charge for any service not covered by this warranty.
7. For the twelve months of ownership, Big Chair’s manufacturer will cover the cost of transportation for items that have an agreed manufacturing fault and require repairs, only when the pickup address is within Melbourne Metropolitan Area. It is the customers cost and responsibility to return to the manufacturer if it is outside MMA, and/or if the claim is not deemed a manufacturing fault.
8. Should independent assessment of any goods be required the costs will be solely borne by the owner.
A 10 year warranty covers workmanship of our upholstered furniture. This warranty covers frames, springing systems, sewing and craftsmanship.
A 5 year warranty covers all feather/fibre componentry.
This warranty excludes fabrics and leathers. The individual fabric companies have their own warranties dependant on composition of fabric.
A 5 year structural warranty covers all upholstered furniture. This warranty covers the structural integrity of the sofa in a commercial environment.
An inspection of the product is required to determine the cause of the fault. This will be conducted by Big Chair Living or a representative from the manufacturer. You will be advised whether the alleged defect has been caused by fair wear and tear, freight damage abuse or faulty manufacturing. The warranty covers the repair costs only. Freight costs may be incurred once the cause of the fault is determined.